Thursday, January 8, 2009

Thotti Gang Nights

The hour of the day I like and hate the same time is 8'o Clock with a slight difference. One comes early in the morning (early morning 8:00, you are s/w engg. right) and the second comes very late in the evening.

A person with a daily routine like mine don't need to tell which one I like and which one I hate ( I already told this guy is S/w Engineer and he likes only nights ).

My friend always fights saying the best time is always a day and not night. ( I wonder his friend must be working with a call center ).

We decided we will put an online poll and take some comments from public and decide who wins.

He declared "The first vote is against me".

How man? Who voted for you?

R.K.Narayan is in my favor. He wrote Malgudi Days not Malgudi Nights.

Big Joke...! Then I also have one in my favor. Himesh sang Tandoori Nights not Tandoori days. ( Grow up...! you two )

Anyway we started a poll in the great social networking site orkut.

The poll read like this

You like which of the following:

1) Day
2) Night
3) Most part of day
4) Late nights


After 2 days the poll results read like this

Day - 300
Night - 303
Most part of Day - 123
Late Nights - 120

Its 50-50. The poll is still open. But I am becoming restless.

I posted a question in the community.

What do you like a day or night and why?

The first Reply read like this.

" Its night and the reason being I don't like day"

Stupid comment but he said night good start.

The Second one

" I like day. I can go out with my boy friend without creating a doubt in my parents mind. "

I hate girls. One against and a stupid reason.

The third one

" I like Day Day and Day only. You want to know the reason , do I night out and mug up all periodic table to see next day not a single question is from Periodic table"

My friend is smiling 2-1 in his favor.

In the next 600 comments 450 said they like day and the reasons
Availability of Beauty Parlor (Girls)
Women's college is open (Boys)
We can play cricket (Boys )
Clothes get dried (Aunties...Stupidity. Buy washing machine)
Walking & Exercise ( Uncles )

The 150 who voted for me have not given any great reason rather I should say they embarrassed me . You will know why, check this comments

I can sleep
I can sneak into next door neighbors doing XYZ
I can watch mid-night masala
I can watch MTV After hours.
I can watch English movie channels

Now my friend has a lead more than 300 votes.

Till now I have not given a single comment on why I like night even though my friend given his in the post.

I decide I will post one and see what kind of response I get.

My comment read like this.

All people who said day are either has no responsibility or just dumb.

Dumb people let them be dumb I don't want to insert any wisdom for the reasons.

A normal person will hardly find time on a day. Then how he/she can like it when he is forced into it.

You want to know the reason why I like a night.
Go out onto the terrace and hear very soothing sounds coming all around without any noise from cars/scooters/buses.

See the small radium lights flying ( Glow-worms)

You will see no new sensational statements from politicians.

You will see no accidents on the road.

See the peace in every man's sleeping face. No pain, no fear, no grudge, no fight.

Its at night at this peaceful hours I cry in silence to show my frustration to world.

Thanks for helping me loose. This way will be good.

After Word:
-----------
I lost the poll by a big margin of 1755 - 900. But I had a company next day night its my friend

No comments: