Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Hallucination

I entered into a dark room with a series of chairs arranged in a linear fashion with 3 exit doors. Funny I suppose I am searching for the exit the moment I got in.

A short man with a wide eyed excitement and a big moustache smiled and guided me to a corner and asked me to have one of those chairs.

Suddenly there was a big noise dragging all my attention. Yes you are correct I almost searched the exit.

The noise subdued and there are a set of people begging my attention. Now I know why there was this big noise.

The people started chatting before me. You know what, I could hear every word of it.

One dressed like a arab and one with a turban were arguing that India should go for war on and other saying no. Let us name the one with arab dress as Mohammad Abdul Duaij Khadir and Turban one Upen Naren Lucky Singh.

Hard to believe but MADKhadir was arguing that India should go for war and our UNLucky Singh was arguing other wise.

No, I am not commenting them as MAD or UNLucky its there initials. :-)

Lets get back and show some respect

Khadir: Oye Lucky what if Pakistan thinks we fear them as they come out on press saying - "We are ready for war". (Yes valid point Khadir )

Lucky : Let them babble

Khadir: Look at this pictures already they are around our border.

Lucky: What did you infer from this picture

Khadir: What what? They are getting ready

Lucky : What about India?

Khadir: Sleeping like you Lucky

Lucky : Its not that Khadir.

Khadir: Then what

Lucky : If we start first the war will be over before Pakistan are ready to fight. They know very much that from the past experiences. So they want to at least damage one or two scooters laying on the borders (Too much heroism but a valid point Lucky)

Khadir : Don't underestimate. They have come and killed 100 in our backyard in a broad daylight (This Khadir is coming up with brilliant points to counter)

Lucky: Broad daylight they hit me from behind. My grandmother can kill more people than them if she chooses a wrong path ( Too much bakwas)

Khadir: Wrong path or right path they could hit you and you are playing soft on them ( Khadir three cheer..! you are brilliant)

Lucky : It only looks soft to outsiders. Once we make a move everything finished before you could say hard/soft (Bakwas ...Bakwas... and Just Bakwas....! Lucky seems to watch too much cinema.)

Khadir don't want this fight endlessly and waved a white flag to the happiness of Lucky (he likes peace after all) and called his daughter to bring some coffee. I have not noticed this girl till now.

What? This girl is so young but wait wait . What is that in her hand. Its not a hockey stick its not a cricket bat but something made of wood.

She started walking with a tray of coffee and the thing with wood is not hand but supporting her to walk. She is walking with sticks under her arm. Now I know why Khadir was so furious

Lucky was very happy seeing the girl. He smelt the aroma and was all praise for her.

Now with a commanding tone Lucky asked the girl when are you coming to my home to marry my son.These days he started calling his sister Noor, if I wait little longer he will start calling me also Noor.The girl smiled heart fully and ran away (Sorry walked away with a loud sound of wood. She was one of the victims of 26-Nov) .

Khadir was about to say something to Lucky stopped him and shown a calendar marked with two green boxes one on 05-Jan and second 21-Jan. Khadir silently crossed 05-Jan pointed his finger on 21-Jan and nodded with excitement.

I know I know yes there was a bear hug there.

There was another guest now Lucky singh's son Purab Singh. Noor face reddened with excitement.

I started smile without letting them know. I can see the love on Noor's face for Purab

Purab started fighting with Khadir why you approved the marriage date.

Noor's eyes are on the verge of tears. ( I am scolding Purab , I know you too)

He started to sound terrible disappointed. Khadir controlled his emotions and asked Purab, I will cancel it and tell Lucky that I don't like this to happen.

Noor is not crying. She is posing as a supportive daughter.

Now the face of Purab changed. His emotions raised to a different level. ( I am getting desperate to know what happens next)

Purab said I was forcing for Jan-15 why you marked Jan-21 ( Zinck chaka zinck chaka . I sound foolish I know. I cannot control my excitement)

The 1000 watts smile is back on Noor's face and Khadir was wondering how Purab know about the dates. ( I know...! The prankster was there before his father came but was hiding )

There are this friends coming around and there were our girl and boy sitting next to each other. All eyes are on them. Its Jan-21

Wait wait ... Its now Feb-27. How man I am still on Jan-06 the calendar showing Feb-27.

Noor is back doing her best of stopping her tears . Purab is in a full military uniform. As our Khadir dreamed it will be war any time and our Purab's holiday is shortened. ( I realize now all Lucky singh's Bakwas is for his son. I caught you UNLucky Singh.)

Lucky and Khadir were back doing the discussion on war. Now both are on the same side ( No war... No war... )

Its the loudest sound phone I ever heard in my life. ( Which Idiots phone is that stop it)

Noor picked up the phone. Hello Noor here. 2 minutes of silence and there she fainted. ( I am tense. Don't want know how you are)

Khadir and Lucky joined to wake her up and came to know that Purab will never be back to home as one piece. ( No No its a Hallucination this hasn't happened )

Lucky was crying could see directly into Khadir's eyes. He left the place and a common ring tone of Vandemataram was ringing. Khadir picked up said Hello. Lucky said sorry that he ruined Khadir's daughter life. He could have waited a little more. ( How strange he is not crying for his son )

The loud phone started ringing again. ( I got terrible irritated but was worried what's it this time. No don't Kill our Lucky He is already UNLucky )

It was call from Purab ( You read it right. ) Purab said its no war and he is coming back.

Our UNLucky Singh and MADKhadir were happy they can face each other and in unison will say "No War".

I am happy that I don't have to cry more than the odd 10 minutes where the phone call felt real.

The dark room is lit and I am heading the exit way seeing back at Purab and Noor smiling.

Now, What is the real Hallucination

The dark room I went in is a movie theater and all what happened is not real.


After Word:
------
Where is the earlier call from ... Its strange to believe there is another Purab once lived in the same house. You know what it can be our Purab any day

No comments: